Saturday, December 6, 2008

Cicada librarian strikes again....

This fall I switched my blog reading from Bloglines to Google Reader.    I love it for reading feeds.   But I hate it for sharing posts.   

Despite the fact that  both Blogger and Google Reader are owned by Google, there is no Google Reader button that allows you to share specific posts in a Blogger blog.    All you can do is add a clip (box)  that lists the latest "shared" posts from Google reader.

I could email the posts to Blogger with comments, but then you'd see this on every message:

 
 

Sent to you by verwirrung via Google Reader:


The other alternative would be to open each post on it's native page and then use the BlogThis! button.

Whine! Whine!    Actually,  I'm not alone.  I searched the Google Reader help forum to see if I was missing something and found numerous posts with the same grumble.    

Bear with me while I work this out.

No comments: